Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Boston Energy

... Boston Energy was in the air on Monday... I got nothing done at work and if I was to have my internet time audited by IT, I'd probably be fired since I spent the whole day with the BAA. website up, tracking my friends and friends of friends and watching some AMAZING elite performances.  The most important finish to "see" was my friend Kelly... rockin' a chemo induced bald head and a T-shirt that read " Hey Cancer, you picked the wrong bitch to mess with" she finished in 3:45:45.  I don't think I could run a 3:45 marathon right now and she does it 3/4 of the way through chemo for breast cancer.  She is truly BAD-ASS!

I was so hyped up that I destroyed my hill repeats that afternoon.  I've been running repeats on Ogg Rd on and off for a couple of years now and that hill always seems to kick my ass.... except for Monday.  Monday, Ogg was MY bitch.  I'm really hoping that it wasn't just the emotion and energy from the day, but all of my hard work paying off.  I've been running short hill repeats in the mornings a few days a week and then Ogg repeats once a week in the afternoon.  I'm picking up a treadmill tonight that I'm borrowing from a friend so I can spend hours doing walking training on an incline. 66 days to Western States! 

1 comment: